I started this company in 2003 with one purpose: to provide agency-quality websites for small-business budgets. Our specialty is creating visually appealing, mobile-friendly, creative interfaces that engage the user with eye-catching graphics, then guide them through your content with efficient, easy-to-use calls to action. We create Search Engine friendly, standards & accessibility-compliant websites using the most up-to-date software and coding practices. We bring 20+ years of expertise to the table so we can be as technical as necessary, while always remaining very down-to-earth and approachable.
I’m passionate about WordPress and am active in the Minneapolis WordPress community. I have been creating websites since the mid-1990s, and have done sites for a wide variety of companies ranging from small startups all the way to Best Buy corporate. A list of some of the recent sites that we have done (including screenshots and links) can be found at http://wizzywigwebdesign.com/category/web-design
I am confident that our proposal will be competitive with (or lower than) other local WordPress developers AND that the site we deliver will be a professional, properly-executed site that is easy for you to use and maintain, while converting visitors into leads.
1) Information gathering: We will collaborate with you to discuss your vision of the site and its intended function. This phase includes homework and discussions about the way your website should fit into your business/organization, how much a lead is worth to your organization, what it should look like and any tasks you want the site to automate, etc. Timeframe for this phase: ~1 week.
2) Design: Based on phase 1, we will present (via email) mockups of a proposed site design. You then get to make up to 2 rounds of changes. Timeframe for this phase: ~1-3 weeks, depending on changes. During this time, you should be working on writing your content. How to send content
3) Development: At (or before) this time, we require you to provide all site content to us in a form that is ready for us to drop in. We will then work on adding/styling your content and developing site functionality. We will work from a staging server so that you can see how it will look/work without touching your current site. Timeframe for this phase: 3-6 weeks (depending on complexity of site).
4) Changes: Once we have all your content and functionality working, we will send you a link so you can review what the site looks like so far. You will then get to make up to 2 rounds of changes to the site content or functionality. Timeframe for this phase: 1-2 weeks, depending on number and complexity of changes.
5) Launch: Once everything is the way you want, we will deploy the site to your live server.
6) Training: Once your website is launched, we will meet with you (either in person if you are in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, or via screen-share) to teach you how to log into the admin area of your website and make changes to your content.
7) SEO: once the site is live, our SEO specialist will begin his work to make sure the site is as effective as it can be for search engines to understand. He will work with you directly to discuss your keyword strategy, and will deliver a full report of what was done and what you might consider doing next.
8) Maintenance: Our intent is for every site we build to be the beginning of a long-term relationship with us as your webmaster, available for questions and support whenever you need. Every site we build becomes our baby, and nobody knows how to keep it running well better than us!
So as a way of guaranteeing our work, and to help keep your new website running as smoothly as it did the day it launched, we offer low-cost maintenance plans for our clients. These include performance of regular WordPress software updates, as well as any required site/theme maintenance needed to keep things working and stay current and secure. We will also perform extra optimization to your site for security and performance, and do regular off-site data backups.
This service is billed separately once per year. Regular maintenance plans are $300 per year, or if you host with us, hosting plus maintenance start at $400 per year. We also offer an “everything” plan that includes periodic content updates (you email us your new content and we post it on the site for you) After launch, you can sign up for the appropriate plan at https://billing.wizzywigwebdesign.com/sign-up-for-ongoing-services/
First you let us know if you have any things you would like to modify on the estimate attached. Once we agree on the project scope, we require a deposit of 1/3 to add you to our schedule. You can pay that here (just fill in the appropriate amount depending on the features you wish to include). As soon as the deposit arrives I’ll send you a receipt showing your credit balance in my invoicing app for your records. Once the site is complete, you are welcome to pay the rest in one chunk or pay it over a few months; I also offer a 12-month payment plan.
After the deposit is paid, the next thing to do is to fill out your homework here.
Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about the estimate or how any part of the project will work.
Owner & Senior Developer